[mythtv-users] XvMC and GeForce 7300

Johnny Russ jruss at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 15 17:52:20 UTC 2008

Steve Wilson wrote:
> I took the time to get XvMC going and I noticed the
> OSD is gray. I did a search and in the past it said
> there wasn't a work around to get color. Is this still
> the case? If so, bummer as this fixed my slow guide
> issues.

Supposedly if you use xvmc-opengl in your playback profiles, then you
can also use the opengl OSD and it should render in color. This was what
I understood from the things read. Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to
work with my nvidia 5200 card. My logs said xvmc-opengl is not
available. I asked but nobody could tell me if xvmc-opengl was setup
wrong or if it simply isn't supported on my card. I couldn't find very
much documentation either. I would love to hear if you can get it to work.