[mythtv-users] XvMC and GeForce 7300

Johnny Russ jruss at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 15 18:08:13 UTC 2008

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Apr 15, 2008, at 10:45 AM, Steve Wilson wrote:
>

>> I took the time to get XvMC going and I noticed the
>> OSD is gray. I did a search and in the past it said
>> there wasn't a work around to get color. Is this still
>> the case? If so, bummer as this fixed my slow guide
>> issues.
>>

> Which card are you using?
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/XvMC#OSD
>
> Use the Chromakey OSD if you're using something older than an nvidia
> 6xxx. Otherwise, try the OpenGL OSD.
> If OpenGL works for you, please update the wiki so other people can
> find the info easy enough.
>
> -Brad

I just looked at the wiki on XvMC and it has been extensively
edited/updated in the last week. I noticed that the information on how
to enable the chromakey fix on the 4xxx/5xxx series cards has been
removed. It just says to use the chromakey OSD. However just using the
chromakey OSD won't give you a color OSD. I still needed to add 'Option
"XvmcUsesTextures" "false"' to my xorg.conf and I had to change a
setting in the database. Should this information be put back in the
wiki? Or is the chromakey OSD supposed to work out of box now without
those tweaks? And there is no information about using xvmc-opengl to get
a color OSD. This would be good to document in the wiki, but I have only
been able to find anecdotal information from message boards like this.
Does anybody know more about the xvmc-opengl option? If we can get the
correct info, I will be happy to add it into the wiki.