[mythtv-users] AppleTV with Linux

Scott D. Davilla davilla at 4pi.com
Tue Apr 15 21:34:40 UTC 2008

>Scott - my biggest worry is how 'responsive' the frontend is on the
>ATV.  I remember when I used to use a XBOX a few years ago, I gave
>up because it was dog slow switching between things or after menu
>presses even though it played things just fine.
>
>Is the ATV quick?  Or does the limited memory make for delays?

I'm running a test setup with both front and backends for refining
the KnoppMyth install. Backend connects to HDHomeRun so the OS is
really loaded when doing LiveTV. This is about the worst case
situation and I don't recommend it for daily use. Even so, there is
the typical delay in going from the menu to viewing video content.
Menu navigation is quick, EPG is also fine.

Scott