[mythtv-users] XvMC installation successful!

allene222 nabble at oldpaloalto.com
Tue Apr 15 22:35:21 UTC 2008

Wow, it really was that easy.
1) I started over with a clean install of mythbuntu
2) Selected proprietary nvidia 5+ driver during the initial install and it installed nvidia_new
3) In MythTV, Setup-Setup-Playback MPEG2 Decoder --> Standard XvMC

Now I have XvMC running, a BW status screen when I pause, and CPU went from about 100% to about 55%

I did not download any drivers, did not use envy, and did not edit any system files, and did not follow the wiki.

Way too easy!

Allen