[mythtv-users] chirping in recordings with pchdtv hd-3000's and 0.21

Patrick Wagstrom patrick at wagstrom.net
Wed Apr 16 01:35:42 UTC 2008

> It appears that between 0.20.2 and 0.21 libs/libavcodec/ac3dec.c (part
> of ffmpeg) was radically re-written.  As a matter of fact it's about
> six times as long now.
>
> I'll bet that's why it's handling things differently.

I suppose that could be what is causing the issue.  Is this a problem with
most cards then?  It seems like if its a decoder problem, then most of the
cards would have the same issue and that the solution would be to switch to
a card with a better receiver for QAM signals.

Is there a nice source where there is an objective comparison of signal
strength for different QAM cards (and devices, like the HD HomeRun)?

--Patrick