[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct suddenly wrong about episodes...

Roger Heflin rogerheflin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 02:29:05 UTC 2008

Mark Knecht wrote:
> Hi all,
>    The NBC Nightly News did not record tonight. Myth said it was a
> repeat that had been previously recorded. Strange.
>
>    I then looked at the program info for tomorrow night's program
> (Wed., April 16th) and found SD is saying it's a rerun from 1970.
> Clearly wrong.

It says the same thing here for tomorrow.

If you read the details a bit closer, it does not say it is a rerun from 1970,
it says that it has *NO* information about the episode at all (Unidentified
Episode) , and when I have seen that happen (and it happens all of the time on
lots of shows) it puts the original air date to be what appears to be the
original air date for the series.

On shows like that I usually just tell it to "don't match duplicates" as the
information does not always appear to be provided, and often is not reliable
even when it is provided.   The "don't match duplicates" probably makes sense on
news shows like this where the broadcast at the same time each day is unlikely
to ever be a repeat.

>    Is anyone else having problems like this just recently? I'm on a
> new 0.21 server. I never saw this using 0.20.

I saw it all of the time with various shows on all versions.  It likely means
that no one is telling SD the episode information, almost all of the news type
shows seem to be this way, or at least a good portion of them are this way.  I
am not sure if SD can do anything about that or not, someone with SD can
probably tell if they can or cannot.