[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct suddenly wrong about episodes...

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 02:40:02 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 7:29 PM, Roger Heflin <rogerheflin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:
>  > Hi all,
>  >    The NBC Nightly News did not record tonight. Myth said it was a
>  > repeat that had been previously recorded. Strange.
>  >
>  >    I then looked at the program info for tomorrow night's program
>  > (Wed., April 16th) and found SD is saying it's a rerun from 1970.
>  > Clearly wrong.
>
>  It says the same thing here for tomorrow.
>
>  If you read the details a bit closer, it does not say it is a rerun from 1970,
>  it says that it has *NO* information about the episode at all (Unidentified
>  Episode) , and when I have seen that happen (and it happens all of the time on
>  lots of shows) it puts the original air date to be what appears to be the
>  original air date for the series.

I couldn't see what today's episode details were anymore as the time
had passed and it wasn't there anymore, as far as I could tell. you're
probably right about tomorrow's episode. I looked at it in the other
room and then walked back here to write the email. sorry for any
confusion from my paraphrasing things like that.

>  On shows like that I usually just tell it to "don't match duplicates" as the
>  information does not always appear to be provided, and often is not reliable
>  even when it is provided.   The "don't match duplicates" probably makes sense on
>  news shows like this where the broadcast at the same time each day is unlikely
>  to ever be a repeat.

I'll have to look for that setting. I don't think I've ever noticed it
before. Thanks.

Cheers,
Mark