[mythtv-users] Asus m2A-vm hdmi spdif problem

S suttyom at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 09:30:13 UTC 2008

Helo All!

I try to build a htpc with mythtv. I downoladed stable mythtv iso from
ftp, and install my pc.
The hardvare: Asus M2A-VM HDMI
I would like to get digital sound in HDMI or SPDIF external coaxial
connector, but not success.
Try to unmute the iec958 in alsamixer, and play a sound file with
aplay. I get stereo sound from the rear stereo jack, and can't get any
sound from HDMI, and SPDIF connector.
In the house connected perfectly the spdif header to the hdmi external card.
aplay -L output:
default:CARD=SB
    HDA ATI SB, ALC883 Analog
    Default Audio Device
front:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, ALC883 Analog
    Front speakers
surround40:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, ALC883 Analog
surround41:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, ALC883 Analog
surround50:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, ALC883 Analog
surround51:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, ALC883 Analog
surround71:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, ALC883 Analog
null
iec958:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0
    HDA ATI HDMI
    IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output

Try to get any information with google, but too many results.
Can anybody help me?

Thanks!