[mythtv-users] OT: Interesting mini PVR with HD input

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Wed Apr 16 18:30:51 UTC 2008

Roger Heflin wrote:
> Herman Kuiper wrote:
>
>>> If you look at other product on the website, they don't even have a
>>> description, it looks like it is a work in progress.
>>>
>> A review can be found at:
>>
>> <http://www.mpcclub.com/modules/Reviews/reviews/review_ellion_hmr700a.pdf>
>>
>> >From the end of the review: "The downside again is however that no HD
>> support is available in recording or playback (H.264, VC-1)."
>>
>> The forum on that website has some threads dedicated to the device
>> (<http://www.mpcclub.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=171>)
>>
>> 	Herman
>>

> If you look at the picture is only has composite in, and scart is mentioned in
> (I believe this is mostly equivalent to S-video), so that would say no HD
> recording need since nothing coming in is good enough resolution to need HD.

Yes, but that is obviously a Euro model. The one the OP linked clearly
shows component in and out. I didn't get a chance to check it out today,
but I might be able to tomorrow. It looks somewhat promising, but
probably not as nice as the Hauppage device, at least from a MythTV
perspective. It would probably make a good front end, but it would be a
bit pricey for just that.

Tom