[mythtv-users] [SLIGHTLY-OT] 7025 XvMC capable?

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 21:21:43 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 4:11 PM, Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have a board with an embedded Nvidia 7025/630a and I'm trying to
> figure out if it supports XvMC. This link:
>
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/mobo_gpu_features_benefits.html#gf7nf5
>
> doesn't quite tell me. but, it looks to me like maybe only the 7050
> has this support.
>
>  I'm assuming the 7025 doesn't because when I try e.g.
>
> mplayer -vo xvmc hd_test1.mpeg
>
> I receive:
>
> vo_xvmc: X-Video extension 2.2
> vo_xvmc: No X-Video MotionCompensation Extension on :0.0
> Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.
>
> Anyone know?

Have you gone through the steps of enabling XvMC in your Xserver?  By
default I think the nvidia drivers load the Composite extension which needs
to be disabled for the X-VideoMotionCompensation Extension to load.  You can
check your /var/log/Xorg.0.log file to see what extensions loaded

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/XvMC

Kevin