[mythtv-users] chirping in recordings with pchdtv hd-3000's and 0.21

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 22:30:27 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 5:33 PM, Krzysztof Adamski <k at adamski.org> wrote:

>  This is going to have an impact on the CPU usage, you are doing CRC
>  calculation on every block of data. It may be negligible but still some,
>  so maybe a way of turning it off would be a good idea.

I only intended this as a down-and-dirty fix.  I posted my findings to
the dev list to see what they think about an actual implimentation.
For what it's worth, I'd imagine 0.20.2 was doing something like this
whether anyone wanted it or not, seeing as it didn't suffer from this
problem.  To tell you the truth, I've been doing extensive testing on
CPU usage since my 0.21 upgrade (as seen in other postings here), so I
have all sorts of notes about CPU usage, and this patch had absolutely
no impact at all for me.

I'll tell you what though...for those of us who occasionally get these
chirps, you'd never turn it off.  We're talking about those full
scale, all bits on sort of chirps that'll fry tweeters if you're
listening loud...not fun at all.

Tom