[mythtv-users] Problems playing file from HD PVR

Brian Wallen bwallen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 02:11:19 UTC 2008

I downloaded the sample file that was recorded with the HD PVR that's
coming out soon, but my combined frontend/backend had problems playing
it. My CPU would go to 100% and the video would pause every few
seconds. Is this system enough to play HD content? How can I optimize
my system to better play HD? My system specs are as follows

AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3000+
GeForce 6200
1 GB memory
MythTV .21
Gentoo
Played using the internal player

I got the file from
ftp://ftp.shspvr.com/download/moive_clip/hd_pvr_clip/hcw_hd_pvr2_1080i_h264.ts.