[mythtv-users] Adding channels for Firewire tuner

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 17 02:23:46 UTC 2008

Phil Bridges wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 9:24 PM, Harry Devine <lifter89 at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> I have 2 lineups with SD right now:  Analog for my basic cable (2-99)
>>  and Digital (everything else).  My pcHD5500 tunes the OTA HD channels
>>  fine and the analog channels.  Now, I want to add my STB as a 3rd
>>  tuner.  Its a Motorola DCT-3412 and its connected via Firewire.  I can
>>  run firewire_tester on it and I have the 6200ch script working for it.
>>
>>  The problem comes when I try to add a 3rd lineup to my SD account.  For
>>  my area code, it has 2 lineups available: Digital and DigitalCable.
>>  Digital is my basic 2-99 cable and DigitalCable is my HD stuff.  The
>>  only other options that they give me to choose from are a bunch of
>>  satellite lineups which I don't have.  I'd like to make a 3rd lineup
>>  that has some of the channels that are only provided via Firewire:  i.e
>>  higher than 99 and not OTA channels, like the new USA-HD and SciFi-HD
>>  channels.
>>
>>  Does anyone have their setup such that they use their STB as a tuner?
>>  Any tips?  As for lineup with SD, is this a question that I should be
>>  asking on their forum?
>>

> This works for me:
> http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-24.html#ss24.4

Thanks.  That seemed to work for me.  I now see those channels in my
listings.  Now, if I want to record a show on one of those channels, how
do I do that?  I know that I just schedule the recording as normal, but
do I have the channel change command right?  I have (in mythtv-setup
under Input Connections):

    /usr/local/bin/6200ch -n 0 %CHANID%

Is that right?  I need Myth to change the channel on the STB to record
some of those programs and I thought I saw somewhere that's how you did it.

Thanks for the help!
Harry