[mythtv-users] FF doesn't work on my test system

allene222 nabble at oldpaloalto.com
Thu Apr 17 13:56:18 UTC 2008

I am testing my P4-2.4G to see if I can build a ATSC system.  I got a
1080i test file and, using XvMC can play it with about 55% CPU usage and
no problems --  except ff doesn't work.  5x ff, for example, plays at
about real time but just jumps every second ahead 1 second, plays a
frame, then waits another second and jumps again, etc.  Under this
situation, CPU usage is about 30% so it doesn't seem like a CPU speed
issue.  I am using mythbuntu and just selected the built in nvidia
driver and XvMC-standard decoder for my 6200.  I have not bought a tuner
yet so am only playing this one file.  I am getting real tired of it, btw.

I can skip ahead 30 sec just fine but fast forward is terrible.  Is this
something I am doing or is ff not there yet?

Allen