[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct suddenly wrong about episodes...

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Thu Apr 17 18:36:06 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-17 at 11:18 -0700, David Brodbeck wrote:
> Haven't noticed that one, but has anyone noticed that the episode
> descriptions from BBC America are wrong?  The last three Top Gear
> episodes I recorded have descriptions from episodes other than the ones
> they actually ran.

I've had a lot of issues in the past with discovery channel
(mythbusters, dirty jobs) and spiketv (Star Trek Voyager) showing the
wrong episodes. I haven't had any issues for at least the last month or
two.

On these occasions, almost 100% of the time SD matches zap2it (which is
expected) and they both differ from tvgiude.com. tvguide.com has almost
always had it right.

Since SD gets their data from zap2it (which I guess gets it from TMS?),
I think that's where the issue is. For whatever reason zap2it is not
getting the updates, or they are not applying them quickly enough or at
all.

My evidence has come by comparing the zap2it and tvguide web site
listings, when I catch the problem on the same day.

Some evidence and lots of speculation on my part, but that's what I've
come up with.

James