[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct suddenly wrong about episodes...

Robert Eden rmeden at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 17 21:29:20 UTC 2008

On 4/17/2008 2:54 PM, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> Hey, SD guys?  Have you talked to Gemstar?

Not since I approached them for a solution to replace  Zap2IT labs (the
answer then was no).

If SD did get data from Gemstar, you MythTV guys would probably go
wild.  You'll lose your unique TMS-ID field, which is integral to repeat
detection.

When I talked with TMS about this, they mentioned some internal
procedures were changing to allow some stations (don't remember which
ones) to flow through all their various system faster.  Comedy Central
and Discovery are known to update at the last minute.   Hopefully this
will improve.

Another thing.  I (personally) consider the default MythTV fetch
behavior is broken. (Today, Today+14).  By default, all guide data
except for today is 14 day advance data.   I think expecting (correct)
details 14 days ahead is too much to ask.  A better compromise is Today,
+1, +2,  +7, +14

It would also be nice if Myth could grab in larger than 1-day chunks,
but that's just a system load issue.

Robert
Schedules Direct
XMLTV