[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu running 7.10/ 0.21: Cannop open /dev/video0

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 23:58:52 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 8:23 AM, Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 11:52 PM, N J 'Meow' Skarott <meow at tunaweb.net.nz>
> wrote:
>

> > A big green square for the video generally indicates a video overlay
> > problem. What's your graphics card?

> Nvidia 5200. After searching the archives I've found mention of some
> driver bugs. I'm going to mess around with the drivers and see what I can
> figure out.

I changed the driver from Nvidia to NV and rebooted. The resulting
pan-and-scan effect  made me flashback to the days of Redhat 3 and writing
xorg.conf 9or maybe it was x11.conf back then?) files by hand. After I woke
up in the fetal position covered in my own sick, I washed up, changed the
driver back to Nvidia and rebooted. For whatever magical reason, playback
works fine now. I guess I'll cross my fingers and hope the issue doesn't
come back.