[mythtv-users] 0.21 HD playback problems

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Fri Apr 18 02:09:17 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-17 at 17:53 -0600, Greg Woods wrote:

> >From the log snippet below, the problem appears to have something to
do
> with deinterlacing

Now I'm not so certain of that. After rereading the XvMC article on the
wiki for about the third time, I noticed the mplayer command line, so I
tried that. It hangs too, in exactly the same way. I hear a very brief
sound, then the CPU use goes up but nothing is ever displayed. The
output from mplayer does show that XvMC is enabled.

Is this a video driver bug? What version of the nvidia-graphics driver
is known to work with a GeForce 5500? I have nvidia-graphics169.09-95
installed.

--Greg