[mythtv-users] Scored a free remote

Johnny Russ jruss at MIT.EDU
Fri Apr 18 03:05:41 UTC 2008

My Hauppauge remote stopped working. I didn't feel like waiting for
something to come in the mail so I went into the Best Buy down the road
from my house, hoping I could find a MCE remote that wouldn't be too
much of a rip off. After getting bounced around and getting shown the
Harmony remotes several times, I explained that I need a remote with an
IR receiver so I can use it with my computer. They seemed confused by
all this. Then I told them that they are bundled with the media center
PC's sometimes. Then a light went on in the guys head and he walked over
to the register and dug around in a big drawer and pulled out a really
nice HP MCE remote. He handed it to me and said I could take it. He said
they had lots of them sitting around (probably from display computers),
and they will just get thrown away eventually. See Best Buy isn't all
bad. I thought some of you might get lucky if you are in need of a remote.