[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct suddenly wrong about episodes...

Robert Eden rmeden at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 18 07:28:54 UTC 2008

On 4/18/2008 1:02 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 04/17/2008 05:29 PM, Robert Eden wrote:
>
>> Another thing.  I (personally) consider the default MythTV fetch
>> behavior is broken. (Today, Today+14).  By default, all guide data
>> except for today is 14 day advance data.   I think expecting (correct)
>> details 14 days ahead is too much to ask.  A better compromise is Today,
>> +1, +2,  +7, +14

>> It would also be nice if Myth could grab in larger than 1-day chunks,
>> but that's just a system load issue.
>>

> Though doing so with your recommended fill behavior would only be
> beneficial for today and +1, right?

No... let's say you want Today, +1, +2, +7, +14
You could make 3 grabs ( +0, +1, +2), +7, +14 rather than 5 grabs.

Of course the big gains come from a --refreshall (which makes 14 calls
at the moment)

The larger chunks are more efficient to generate and transfer, but may
place a large memory burden on the client when it combines the data,
especially with large lineups.  Maybe a middle-ground could be found.

Setting the HTTP agent string would also be polite BTW... include the
MythTV and grabber version.. it can help with troubleshooting.

Robert