[mythtv-users] Program guide freezes after 2 moves

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Apr 18 17:08:53 UTC 2008

On Apr 18, 2008, at 10:34 AM, Mike Perkins wrote:

> Have you tried just leaving it when it freezes? I had, a long time
> ago when I
> was just beginning with Myth, a similar problem. It turned out that
> if I left
> the system alone, after it apparently hung, the keypress(es) I had
> made would
> suddenly get actioned after more than a *minute*.

Well I've waited more than 30 minutes, even Windows isn't usually that
slow :-)

> As you must surely know, there's a difference between "actually
> hung" and "just
> *****mned slow".

True, and the system is not really "hung", as it's still playing live
TV in the corner window, and responds in every other way (ssh etc.), I
just can't get out of the now-unmovable guide.

The frustrating thing is it wasn't doing this when I first installed,
it started after a few days. I'm wondering if it might be related to
changes in themes or other setup parameters.

I suppose the real answer is to re-install and keep a log of every
change I make, no matter how seeming trivial. Guess I was just hoping
somebody had seen the same behavior and had a quick fix.

Thanks for your input.

beww