[mythtv-users] Program guide freezes after 2 moves

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Apr 19 02:26:38 UTC 2008

On Apr 18, 2008, at 8:17 PM, Steve Wilson wrote:

> I noticed on my systems only a few channels had the
> guide problem and these were HD tv. I ended up
> switching the HD TV to XvMc and now the guide works
> without delay.

So you had a delay problem? If it was only when playing HD then it's
probably a system load problem.

My problem is the whole frontend locks up, haven't found a way shot of
restarting the F/E to get out of it.

It started working OK for a bit, right after a restart, now it's bad
again. I'll look into it more on the weekend, anything so reproducible
should be trackable somehow. Haven't seen anything helpful in the logs
though.

BTW the guide works fine when not playing live TV.

beww