[mythtv-users] firewire trouble on SA 4240HDC

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 06:26:41 UTC 2008

What you're describing is the behavior of a firewire box when all the
channels are 5C encrypted.  Sorry, but if I had to put money on it, I'd say
you're not going to be able to capture video via firewire with your
provider.  To head off a possible followup question, the box is not the
issue, as the port behaviors are dictated by the headend, not the box
itself.  You can try to get your provider to flash your STB with an amended
policy, but that's usually a lost cause.