[mythtv-users] Storage Groups or NFS for distributed video storage

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Sat Apr 19 07:21:24 UTC 2008

On Friday 18 April 2008 01:04:33 pm Roger Heflin wrote:
> In general I make it a rule to always use the same mount location on the
> mounting machine as the exporting machine (whenever possible) otherwise
> things that assume an explicit path fail to work, and when doing work with
> files you have to make sure to remember which machine you are on to know
> where to look, and with an application of symbolic links one can make the
> nice virtual structure that puts stuff from many different mount points
> together and makes it look like one place.

good point.  this gets less convenient with nfsv4, though, which i am using --
so i have to go the symlink route.

i am wondering why things like movie posters, or non-recording videos need to
have the full path in the db?  couldn't the settings relating to a host have
the "prefix to the posters"... value in the db.  we do have to set it anyway,
but i wish it wouldn't store the whole value, just the 0123456.jpg or
whatever.

--
Anthony -  http://messinet.com - http://messinet.com/~amessina/gallery
8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E