[mythtv-users] New MythTV 0.21 Win32 Setup package

Gary Dawes gary.dawes at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 11:47:50 UTC 2008

On 19/04/2008, Arnon Meshoulam (arnonm) <arnonm at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 19/04/2008, Niklas Brunlid <prefect47[at]gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Another outstanding bug (that may already be known): The UI is not
> > cleared and redrawn when you enter a new menu. So at first startup you
> > are greeted with just the clock, but the image to the right and the
> > main menu choices don't appear until you press up/down. Likewise when
> > you enter a sub-menu, like "media library" - the main menu will still
> > be shown as you left it and will remain, even after you press up/down
> > to reveal the contents of the sub-menu.
> > This happens both with Qt and OpenGL paint engines, btw.
>
> Have to correct myself; doesn't happen after I restarted the frontend
> on windows. I guess the OpenGL engine doesn't get used when you first
> switch to it.
>
> / Niklas
>
> Niklas,
>
> Switching between QT and OpenGL requires a restart, it is not sufficient
> for the theme to be redrawn.
> Can you check if you get this symptom with QT as well, or just OpenGL?
>
> Arnon

I'm also having problems with  menus. The menu items are not being drawn
until I cycle over them. I have tried QT and opengl. OpenGL is much worse as
there is a black bar across the top 25% of the display and the rightmost
third.

also with the mythcenter-wide theme the box outlines on the watch programmes
screen are all over the place. The lists are still there and the screen is
perfectly useable though.

Other than that though, it's a very promising port. Very responsive for me
on a Toshiba Tecra A8 over wireless, and the live TV and recordings work
great.

Thanks very much

Gary