[mythtv-users] slow mythweb?

Jens Baumeister jens.baumeister at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 16:21:50 UTC 2008

Hi!

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 10:48 AM, Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh at xs4all.nl> wrote:

>  After setting up my box with the 3 custom schedules to record all three
>  Dutch national public TV channels, I notice that the mythweb response is
>  slow. It takes much more than 20 seconds to save a Schedule, etc.

My guess would be you're running into the BUSQ (Big Ugly Schduler
Query). It's the SQL that gets executed everytime a reschedule request
is made, and I know from personal experience that recording rules like
"record this on any channel" can slow thngs down *a lot*. Perhaps a
rule like "record everything on this channel" has the same effect.

For an extensive discussion of the BUSQ (plus one of its
incarnations*) see this thread:

You also might want to a 'show processlist' in a mysql shell during a
mythweb request to see if this (ory any other SQL query) is the
culprit.

Good luck!

Jens

*) The BUSQ is actually put together dynamically in the backend
scheduler, so there is no one SQL query that's used all the time.