[mythtv-users] slow mythweb?

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Sat Apr 19 16:52:15 UTC 2008

Hello,

Jens Baumeister wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 10:48 AM, Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
>>  After setting up my box with the 3 custom schedules to record all three
>>  Dutch national public TV channels, I notice that the mythweb response is
>>  slow. It takes much more than 20 seconds to save a Schedule, etc.
>
> My guess would be you're running into the BUSQ (Big Ugly Schduler
> Query).

Hmmm. :-(

(...)
> For an extensive discussion of the BUSQ (plus one of its
> incarnations*) see this thread:

So for now I can only reduce the stuff that ends up in the BUSQ (like
recording schedules I assume) and tune mysql to the fullest to get
maximum performance on this small machine (1.2 Ghz VIA Esther w/ 1 GB of
RAM).
For tuning I currently use the tuning-primer script; maybe there are
other tools to find causes of mysql slowdowns?
Can you recommend a howto for tunign mysql for mythtv?

Kind regards,
Udo