[mythtv-users] New MythTV 0.21 Win32 Setup package

Ian Lowis ian.lowis at anton-group.com
Sun Apr 20 09:46:18 UTC 2008

  _____

From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Mike Dent
Sent: 20 April 2008 10:36
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] New MythTV 0.21 Win32 Setup package

On 20/04/2008, Arnon Meshoulam (arnonm) <arnonm at gmail.com> wrote:

Where do I put mysql.txt (it does not seem to exisit)
and what should the contents be? Windows Vista.
I have a backend on my network to communicate with.

Thanks

It should be created in %appdata%/mythtv, or possibly %appdata%/.mythtv

Running mythfrontend.exe -v important should show where it is looking for

Arnon

Thanks,
is there any particular format I should be creating this file in? Maybe a
sample one in the dist would be nice?
Which could be edited and copied to the correct place?

Heres a whats in mine hope that helps.

DBHostName=192.168.0.253

# By default, Myth tries to ping the DB host to see if it exists.
# If your DB host or network doesn't accept pings, set this to no:
#
DBHostPing= no

DBUserName=mythtv
DBPassword=mythtv