[mythtv-users] Version Numbers, was: Program guide freezes ...

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 13:33:40 UTC 2008

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 1:14 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> I'm pretty sure that Gentoo and Ubuntu packagers are
>  running a script at build time that puts the SVN revision in so that
>  it's available in the --version output even when built outside of the
>  SVN working copy.
>
>  So, I'm just asking as it might be worth seeing if we can get the
>  packager building your packages to use a similar script.
>
>  Thanks,
>  Mike

Yes, Gentoo apparently does:

mythfrontend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 16944
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
 linux profile using_oss using_alsa using_backend using_dbox2
using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_iptv using_ivtv
using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_opengl_vsync using_v4l using_x11
using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmcw using_xvmc_vld
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl
using_ffmpeg_threads using_live

Tom