[mythtv-users] Missing Dependency: libmp4ff.so.0()(64bit) is needed by package mythmusic

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Apr 20 13:56:33 UTC 2008

On Apr 19, 2008, at 10:45 PM, Rick Bilonick wrote:

> I checked out mythdora but could not find any rpms to install.
> Apparently you have to create an iso DVD and install a whole new
> operating system (based on Fedora 8). I'm not ready to destroy a
> working
> system just to try it out.

That's how MythDora works, it sets up an entire OS (FC8 in the case of
MD5) with Myth installed.

If you have a spare hard drive you could use that and save your
working install. In my experience a Myth box really wants to be
dedicated to MythTV (I'm sure others will disagree), so I'm not sure
what you would be "destroying".

If you do have other apps you want to run, in addition to Myth, the
FC8 system that MythDora sets up can be used to run anything you'd run
on a standard FC system.

> I've tried DVD's like mythknoppix but they
> never worked.

KnoppMyth has been used by a lot of folks, including me. It should
work if run on compatible hardware. If it doesn't there is a lot of
help available.

beww