[mythtv-users] slow mythweb?

Jens Baumeister jens.baumeister at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 13:53:00 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 3:36 PM, Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Jens Baumeister wrote:
>
> > Could you try a show processlist in mysql during this time to make
> > sure my BUSQ theory was actually correct? I'm guessing it is, but it'd
> > be better to check it on your system.
>
> I get this:
>
> mysql> show processlist;
> +-----+--------+-----------+-------------+---------+------+-------+------------------+
> | Id  | User   | Host      | db          | Command | Time | State | Info
> +-----+--------+-----------+-------------+---------+------+-------+------------------+
> | 679 | mythtv | localhost | mythconverg | Sleep   |   21 |       | NULL
> | 681 | mythtv | localhost | mythconverg | Sleep   |    0 |       | NULL
> | 682 | mythtv | localhost | mythconverg | Sleep   |   65 |       | NULL
> | 692 | mythtv | localhost | mythconverg | Sleep   |   47 |       | NULL
> | 693 | mythtv | localhost | mythconverg | Sleep   |   46 |       | NULL
> | 696 | root   | localhost | NULL        | Query   |    0 | NULL  | show
> processlist |
> +-----+--------+-----------+-------------+---------+------+-------+------------------+
>
> (at a time where the backend takes about 60+% and mysql about 30+% of
> the cpu)

Okay, that doesn't look like the BUSQ is involved after all, because
AFAIK it'd be a long-running query that would instantly show up in the
processlist. Instead you have several idle connections which is
perfectly normal. (A single connection can be re-used, so it'll stick
around sleeping for awhile after its last use. The "time" column
shows, how long the thread - has been in its current state - in this
case sleeping.) Basically, this looks like a perfectly sensible output
to me - a normal number of available connections and no long-running
querys. I don't know enough about mythtv's internals to make any more
guesses what's going on here.

Considering the extreme nature of your recording schedule, you're
apprently running into some kind of bottleneck, but I have no idea
which one.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Jens