[mythtv-users] slow mythweb?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Apr 21 18:01:20 UTC 2008

On 04/21/2008 01:52 PM, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> If the software asks too much of the system for recording 3 channels
> continuously, waht do you estimate I would need for such a tiny task
> with the few days of program info I have?

The problem is that you're using the wrong program for the job.  If you
don't want Myth's features, don't use Myth.

> Then there's the issue that there's no errors. No complaints by the
> software. Nothing.
> That is the lest of the problems but the first to be fixed if there is
> really something wrong.

Because nothing is wrong.  There are no errors.  It's just too much for
the system you're using to handle.

Would you prefer a broken design that checks to see if your system meets
some whitelisted configuration and only allows you to run Myth if it's
approved?

Mike