[mythtv-users] Frontend playback buffer

Eric Dalquist eric.dalquist at doit.wisc.edu
Tue Apr 22 01:10:56 UTC 2008

So after digging more on the lists I enabled playback logging and when
running on the n network I saw a lot of dropped frames. It doesn't look
like there is much more in the way of CPU usage but it may have been
just enough more kernel time to cause problems.

When searching on video profiles for OS X I found this thread
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/322994#322994 where
someone kindly posted a link to an OS X build of .21 with MMX enabled
which fixed all my problems and gives me quite a bit more spare CPU. As
the link he provided may go away  in the future I can provide re-hosting
of this build here:
https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/dalquist/web/MythFrontend_OSX_0.21-mmx.tar.bz2

I tried doing a local build but I think I have some issues with some
ports I have installed that I need to resolve first.

-Eric