[mythtv-users] 6200ch problem

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Apr 22 04:32:45 UTC 2008

On Apr 21, 2008, at 7:49 PM, John McCreary wrote:

> Can anyone assist with this issue?
>
> I have compiled 6200.c for my system (Mythbuntu 8.04 rc 1) and
> installed
> it. Using the keyboard in a terminal, I can successfully change
> channels
> on the cable box by entering the command '6200ch <channel #>'. I can
> see
> the channels change on the box. However, once inside mythfrontend,
> either
> live tv or attempting to record, 6200ch no longer works. In live tv, I
> can enter a channel with either the remote or the keyboard, the osd
> comes
> up -- blank, with no information -- the live tv picture pauses for a
> moment, but then no channel change as the osd fades out. When
> attempting
> to record, the backend pukes, reporting an error that it was unable to
> change channels. Something is amiss, but I cannot figure out what.
>
> All help appreciated.

Make sure you put the full path to the channel change script since
where it is now may not be in the path of the user that is running
mythtv. Also make sure the user that is running the command
successfully is the same user that is running mythbackend - or at
least make sure both users have the same permissions on the executable.

-Brad