[mythtv-users] slow mythweb?

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue Apr 22 11:18:14 UTC 2008

>  There might be an even easier solution: just three recording rules, or perhaps a
>  small multiple of three, one (set) per channel, set up as manual recordings. Why
>  bother with scheduling real programs if you are just pulling the whole stream
>  down?

The downside to that (which would probably annoy me, were I trying to
accomplish the same thing) is your recording won't be split by
program. When you want to watch a specific program, you'll need to
track down what time it recorded, and then jump X minutes into the
recording. If your recording spans files, you'll need to switch to the
next file to see the end.

--
Ron