[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu: mythbackend not starting automatically

Yann Lehmann aristide at vtxmail.ch
Tue Apr 22 14:51:21 UTC 2008

Hi,

To update my myth-backend from Kubuntu Dapper (MythTV is still on 0.20), I
have installed a slim Ubuntu Gutsy (command line system) and added Mythbuntu
afterward.

Then I restored the old database and mounted the drive with the recordings.
The update seems to work fine.

But there ist still one problem: mythbackend doesn't start automatically. If
I start it on the command line (sudo mythbackend), everything works fine.

I remember, that I had a similar problem with the first install on Dapper,
and that the workaround was to edit something in the start-script. But I do
not find that information anymore (or any other related).

Thank you for any help.

Yann