[mythtv-users] slow mythweb?

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue Apr 22 14:51:34 UTC 2008

OK, heres another idea (I'll just keep throwing them out and see what
sticks). Actually, this is a modification of my idea from yesterday
about only letting the scheduler concern itself with a small time
window of the next several hours.

I don't see it mentioned how you setup the system to record everything
on these 3 channels. I'm assuming you did it by creating a power
search and telling it to record anything that matches. Is that
correct? If so, perhaps you could perform my windowing trick by
modifying the power search SQL and adding an extra WHERE condition.
Adding the following would make it think you only want to record
things for the next 6 hours.

AND program.starttime < DATE_ADD( NOW( ) , INTERVAL 6 HOUR )

Each time the scheduler reruns it would reevaluate the 6 hour window
and see new programs. The only trick is to make sure the rescheduling
happens often enough. I'm not sure how often the system currently does
it, but I think it would work fine (especially since you are
constantly recording, so it should be constantly reevaluating). If for
some reason it isn't often enough, you could always setup a cronjob to
run "mythbackend --resched" every couple hours.

--
Ron