[mythtv-users] slow mythweb?

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 22 15:18:53 UTC 2008

Ronald Frazier wrote:
> OK, heres another idea (I'll just keep throwing them out and see what
> sticks). Actually, this is a modification of my idea from yesterday
> about only letting the scheduler concern itself with a small time
> window of the next several hours.
>
> I don't see it mentioned how you setup the system to record everything
> on these 3 channels. I'm assuming you did it by creating a power
> search and telling it to record anything that matches. Is that
> correct?

I have three power searches with search phrases like:

channel.callsign = "NL1"

(was: channel.callsign LIKE "NL1")

> If so, perhaps you could perform my windowing trick by
> modifying the power search SQL and adding an extra WHERE condition.
> Adding the following would make it think you only want to record
> things for the next 6 hours.
>
> AND program.starttime < DATE_ADD( NOW( ) , INTERVAL 6 HOUR )

Looks interesting!

> Each time the scheduler reruns it would reevaluate the 6 hour window
> and see new programs. The only trick is to make sure the rescheduling
> happens often enough.

This would fail only for programs longer than 6 hours? (no scheduling
until program is over?)
But that would be rare, right?
(if scheduling treats channels separately; if they're all `treated` at
every opportunity other channels could trigger a fresh scheduling if
they have shorter programs at the same time)