[mythtv-users] Trying to get XVMC to work.

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Tue Apr 22 19:03:34 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 10:41 -0500, stuart wrote:

> Here's the last set of changes I did before live HD ATSC video started
> working...
>
> dewey:/etc/X11# diff xorg.conf xorg.conf.20080422
> 86,88c86
> <     Option "UseEvents" "true"
> <     Option "XvmcUsesTextures" "false"
> <     Option "NVAGP" "1"
> ---
>  >     Option "XvmcUsesTextures" "true"

Thank you for starting this thread, as it got me to double check this. I
could have sworn that I had already done this since I followed the Wiki,
but apparently either I never did or I removed it in one of my seemingly
endless cycles of running through everything trying to get XvMC to work.
But I put these in, and now XvMC is working. Now I'm getting permission
denied, audio disabled errors and I had to switch back to using /dev/osp
instead of ALSA to get any sound. But it now works!

As others have noted, these changes have to go in the Device section,
not the Screen section.

--Greg