[mythtv-users] lircd don't start automatically

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 21:29:27 UTC 2008

On 19/04/2008, Claude Gélinas <claude at phyto.qc.ca> wrote:
> After a complete reinstall and upgrade to FC8 everything is fine except lircd
>  which do not start after reboot.
>
>  In  /etc/modprobe.conf I have at the last line:
>
>  # lirc
>  alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
>  install lirc_i2c /sbin/modprobe ivtv; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install lirc_i2c
>
>  chkconfig tell me:
>
>  lirc            0:arrêt 1:arrêt 2:marche        3:marche        4:marche
>  5:marche 6:arrêt
>  lircd           0:arrêt 1:arrêt 2:marche        3:marche        4:marche
>  5:marche 6:arrêt
>
>  so it should start in graphycal mode
>
>  I need to manually load lirc_i2c with modprobe lirc_i2c and then /sbin/service
>  lircd start to get it to work
>
>  any idea of what I'm missing

On Fedora the intended way is create a file called
/etc/sysconfig/modules/lirc.modules containing the single line:

modprobe lirc-i2c

Give the file 700 permissions with root:root ownership, and reboot
with lircd enabled via chkconfig.

/etc/sysconfig/modules/*.modules files are read and executed at
startup before most services are started, so the LIRC modules should
be loaded before lircd starts.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: