[mythtv-users] OT: Hauppauge HD-PVR ships May 1

Seth Daniel mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org
Tue Apr 22 22:04:37 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 11:58:42PM +0200, Janne Grunau wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 April 2008 17:56:25 Sarah Katherine Hayes wrote:
> >
> > Actually, a dumb question but semi-on topic.  How goes getting
> > playback of it's recordings working in Linux?  The sample that was
> > around made mplayer and co. explode.
>
> Your mplayer was either to old or your computer was not fast enough. The
> posted samples played fine in mplayer, ffplay and even mythtv 0.21 when
> compiled with ACC decoding support (--enable-libfaad).

I don't know about my mplayer, but I have 0.21 compiled with libfaad
support and the thing didn't play.  It's not that it played poorly, it
simply didn't play.  I placed it in my mythvideo directory, scanned for
new videos, and selected this video to play.  I then see what appears to
be a mountain range but the bottom half of the frame is so distorted it
is hard to tell.  No sound.  No movement.  The thing appears to have
locked up and I had to kill -9 mythfrontend.

FWIW, mplayer does something similar.

This is on an AMD Athlon 64 x2 3800+.

--
seth /\ sethdaniel.org