[mythtv-users] OT: Hauppauge HD-PVR ships May 1

Edward Hughes IV echughesiv at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 00:45:54 UTC 2008

> MPlayer 1.0rc2-4.2.3 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team
> CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz (Family: 6, Model:
> 15, Stepping: 6)
> CPUflags: MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1
>
> Not the latest version but recent. Not a slow/old computer. Unless
> your stating a core 2 duo isn't fast enough to playback HD.... which
> would be silly as it does 720p and 1080p just fine as h264'd mkv's.
>
> ffplay also blew up.
>
> ACC support is in the system.
>
> Single frame displayed, green chunks and heavily distorted. Followed by
> nothing. Whatever was in that .ts file was not h264 or mpeg2.

I'd have to disagree with that.  Here is a snip from my frontend log while
playing the demo *.ts:

2008-04-22 20:39:36.743 [h264 @ 0x7fdf4ee03bb0]Interlaced pictures + spatial
direct mode is not implemented
2008-04-22 20:39:36.785 [h264 @ 0x7fdf4ee03bb0]Interlaced pictures + spatial
direct mode is not implemented
2008-04-22 20:39:36.829 [h264 @ 0x7fdf4ee03bb0]Interlaced pictures + spatial
direct mode is not implemented
2008-04-22 20:39:36.870 [h264 @ 0x7fdf4ee03bb0]Interlaced pictures + spatial
direct mode is not implemented

The clip doesn't play all of the time.  Sometimes it works fine.  Others, it
stutters.  Even worse, sometimes the frontend crashes.

The machine I'm playing it on is on 0.21.1-fixes.  It is an Abit AN-M2HD
(which has the Nvidia 7050PV integrated graphics), AMD
X2 BE-2300 processor, 2 gigs ram.  My playback profiles are set to used the
Standard Library on 2 cores, so the GPU isn't (and
wouldn't be expected due to h264 not being implemented) helping with the
decode.

Just thought some might like to know.

-Edward