[mythtv-users] OT: Hauppauge HD-PVR ships May 1

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Wed Apr 23 01:35:34 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 01:42:49AM +0100, Sarah Katherine Hayes wrote:

> > No released version of MPlayer will play the HD-PVR files,
> Then it becomes irrelevant which stable release I attempt to use until
> "rc3" and proves exactly what I was saying; there is something hinky
> about the HD-PVR's output.  Because if it was pure h264 it'd be playing

    ...actually, something that's come up in discussions about this
file in other places and the errors it tends to generate is that h264
is sort of a work in progress (as a standard) and some things are still
not finalized. The sample file uses one of those bleeding edge bits of
h264.

     Although it's possible that use of this feature is something that
can be toggled off. I don't really see any point in getting interlaced
content out of an HD-PVR.