[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu: mythbackend not starting automatically

Yann Lehmann aristide at vtxmail.ch
Wed Apr 23 08:57:59 UTC 2008

Mario Limonciello wrote:

> This typically means your permissions are wrong on the recordings directory.

Thank you for your advice.

Yesterday, I created a new partition on the whole disk for recordings (all
the system was on one drive under the old install), then copied over the
files from the backup, and effectively, the group of the files was a number
instead of the group name (the mythtv group ids didn't match between the old
and new setup).

After changing the group on the files, everthing works fine and I really
thank all the devs and contributors of both MythTV and Mythbuntu for this
great software.

Yann