[mythtv-users] Troubles with Irtrans VFD

tim dennis tdennis.sub at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 13:58:00 UTC 2008

Here is a hacky script I am now using to start mythfrontend and also get the
VFD to work:

#!/bin/bash
sudo pkill -HUP mythlcdserver &
xterm -hold -e mythfrontend -v all,nodatabase,nomedia  &
pid=$!
sleep 5
# terminate mythlcdserver and it will auto restart in 10 seconds
sudo pkill -HUP mythlcdserver &
wait $pid
sudo pkill -HUP mythlcsserver &
# EOF

(Admittedly not great, but it gets the job done until I can find some kind
of solution within mythtv)

Tim