[mythtv-users] DVI and SVideo on one system -- how???

allene222 nabble at oldpaloalto.com
Wed Apr 23 15:42:02 UTC 2008

I am building a MythTV setup with both a TV (SVideo) and a projector
(DVI).  We usually watch TV shows on the TV and movies on the
projector.  I have tried various installs and can't seem to figure out
how to get video to play on both outputs.  When the computer is booting,
both outputs are valid so I have some hope.

If I reboot the computer, it will play successfully into whichever
device is connected without me doing anything but rebooting is not an
option with a combined front and back system.  As I said, we will only
be watching one at a time so I just need a solution that does not
involve rebooting.

I tried installing Mythbuntu with Video output enabled and again with it
disabled.  Both have issues and both work with reboot although in
different ways.

Mythbuntu 7.10
P4-2.4GHz
eVGA 6200