[mythtv-users] slow mythweb?

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Wed Apr 23 16:09:13 UTC 2008

Ronald Frazier wrote:
>>  Normally I have about 5 days of info for the three channels.
>>  This would mean that every time it happens about 5 times 24 hours of
>>  program data is (re)scheduled.
>>  With the WHERE condition as you describe it, this would be reduced by a
>>  factor of 20 (5 times 4). This should be noticable, right?
>
> Yes, if that's where your bottleneck is, it will help tremendously.
> Because of the way conflict detection needs to be done, the scheduler
> scales worse than linearly.

So far the recorder kept running, mythbackend didn't crash nor stop
recording. I'll try to observe how long the scheduling `periods` last
(i.e. much CPU activity for mythbackend and mysql); at least they're
much less noticable.
It needs a few more days to really prove itself but stuff looks much
better now.

Thanks again!

Udo