[mythtv-users] Commflagging when recording

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 18:05:01 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 1:51 PM, Ismo Tanskanen <ismot at telemail.fi> wrote:
> I found this at wiki:
>
>  *Note:* 'Automatically flag commercials' in a show's recording options
>  must be enabled for any method other than 'blank frame detection' to
>  work. That is to say, only blank frame detection flagging will work if
>  commflagging is run as a job at a later date.
>
>  Is this true also with 0.21 svn? I run commflagging afterwards, and it
>  works pretty fine, but sometimes misses a break.
>  Should flagging be done during recording? Does it produce better results?

I have been running flagging while recording for several years now
(probably since I started using MythTV in 2004) and it too misses
break. I am fine with that. The most annoying thing I see is when it
makes a break 5 minutes and it does that about 1 out of 5 times on my
girlfriend's favorite show. This would be ok if she watched it from
myth but I move it on to dvd with mytharchive for her to watch it on
the HD tv that does not have a myth frontedend yet...