[mythtv-users] Mythvideo 720p MKV playback audio stutter

Nate Carlson natecars at natecarlson.com
Thu Apr 24 04:05:58 UTC 2008

Hey all,

I'm trying to get AC3 passthrough working using Myth's 'internal' player
with mythvideo, on 720p mkv's.  If I play the files with mplayer and the
ac3 passthrough options, it works great. However, if I play the same files
with the internal player, the video is perfect, but for the audio, it
maybe plays a half second for every 5 seconds or so. CPU usage is ~30%.
(This is on an E8400 with 4gb memory.)

I should also note that Myth passes through audio recorded on OTA HD
without any problem, so I know things are configured properly for
passthrough.

Any suggestions on how to best debug this?

Here are the basic audio settings:

AudioOutputDevice		ALSA:hw:0,0
PassThruOutputDevice		ALSA:hw:0,0
UseVideoTimebase		0