[mythtv-users] debian: can't install ivtv driver

starcycle starcycle at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 18:38:01 UTC 2008

>  On Apr 24, 2008, at 11:28 AM, starcycle wrote:
>
>  >
>  > yep, that was indeed it. however, permissions still need to be 777 for
>  > mythtv-setup to see the card, even with group settings enabled and
>  > mythtv in the group. I guess I'll sort that out later, maybe
>  > mythtv-setup has to be added, too. Now it's just a matter of fine
>  > tuning things, no pun intended.
>

> I assume you are aware that just changing the permissions will work,
>  but will not survive a reboot if you are using udev.

No, I was not aware of that -- thanks for the heads up! I just
rebooted, and in fact you are right, the permissions reverted to
root:video 660 (with a c in front? crw-rw----).

so the obvious question is, how do I get it to not do that? :D And
maybe relatedly, why can't mythtv access the card with 775 permissions
even though I put mythtv in the video group?

thanks